Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Birthday Small Girl !!

Let me first introduce this “small girl” here, Corrie Lee, whom I got to know during my tenure in Ernst & Young. Excited I was that FINALLY, there was someone I could hang out with who was actually shorter than me! My guess is that she's bout ... 4cm ft 5” or so? Well, she wouldn't tell me so I had to make a wild guess. Nonetheless, do not be deceived by her looks... or height… for that matter. A typical chilli padi she is! Annoy her ... and face the wrath of Corrie Lee! *imagines Corrie jumping onto someone's head and sitting on it with an evil grin on her face*

Doesn't take a genius to figure out which one Corrie is ...

Anyway, despite her being an April Fool’s baby, Suet Fang, Val, Debb and myself finally celebrated her (ahem... very belated) birthday three weeks later at Yuen's Steamboat buffet located at Sunway Mentari. Despite countless people having recommended me to that restaurant, it was my first time there to see what the fuss was about.

Val and Suet Fang

Wern, Corrie, Debb

Despite the restaurant occupying three floors of the shop lot, there were still people queuing up, waiting to be seated. Thankfully, Corrie had smartly made reservations and we were led to our table immediately.

Being a lousy amateurish blogger, I wasn’t bothered capturing pictures of the wide variety of food selections available to us as I was too busy chow-ing down. Will do so should another opportunity arise.

However, it is worth mentioning that the main attraction here is the honey chicken wings, where customers would literally queue up for ten to fifteen minutes, waits …. waits …. *taps feet* .. *picks nose* …. waits longer …. And HOORAYY when the chicken wings are finally served, the whole platter vanishes within 1 minute. *s.w.e.a.t*

Corrie did us proud! She took the liberty of grabbing us some chicken wings. As I tried to capture a picture of her in action, she disappeared amidst the people crowding around the table (it is obvious how and why that happened), and walked out with a plate full when people were still trying to get their hands on some. Proudly, she returned to us and said “I took a bit only … left some for other people la…” Pro-ness! Btw, we're guilty of not finishing the chicken wings.  =_=''

 

We adjourned to my house after dinner to cut her birthday cake, where Ming and Aik joined us. Corrie’s classic response when we walked out with the cake… “Who’s birthday is it?!!”  Apparently, it was so belated that she didn’t even realize we were celebrating her birthday. EPIC PHAIL!!







Had a great time pigging out on the brownies and chit-chatting for the rest of the night.
Happy Birthday Corrie!


Group photo

We promise to celebrate your birthday earlier next year!

0 comments: