Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vancouver - Accommodation

This will be my first blog post on my two week holiday to Vancouver - New York - Toronto. Apologies in advance for the lousy photos cause I wasn't exactly given the priviledge of taking my own sweet time to snap away as much as I'd like to. 

So Friday (06.08.2010) it was, that my holiday began. Woke up uber early to catch a cab with my aunt, her twin brother (i.e. my uncle) and her daughter (i.e. my cousin) to KLIA, and met up with six others at the airport. Together, we checked in and thats when the first "incident" happened. My cousin's bf's passport expiration date was less than six months away!! But thankfully, after all the fussing, he was eventually allowed to catch the flight to Vancouver with the condition that my uncle signed off on a "letter of guarantee" that he will return to Malaysia.

After all the hoo-haa ... we adjourned to Eden for "dim sum" ... and oh-my-gawd not only was it a waste of my tummy space, it was superbly expensive. For anyone who ever intends to give it a shot, don't bother!

After a 3.5 hour flight, we arrived at Hong Kong, and had 2.5 hours to kill before catching another flight to Vancouver. And my, did we spend it wisely. Not only did we eat yummilicious congee, wantan noodles, roasted duck n' roasted goose, we spent an hour walking around looking at branded goods too (which were supposedly much cheaper than Malaysia). Took a mental note of the prices of items we liked to ensure that it was gonna be cheaper in New York! If otherwise, we'd purchase the items from HK on our way back to Malaysia instead. Tee hee .... yeps, I am not shy to admit that I am THAT cheapo.  :p

Upon boarding the plane to Vancouver, I cursed the moment I sat down. The seats felt like a piece of cloth wrapped around the metal seats. It had no cushion whatsoever!! And it was gonna be a 12 hour flight! Felt an instant sense of impending doom and dreaded the flight immediately, which proved to be rightfully so. I only managed a two hour nap during the whole journey!!  >.<

After the horrible flight, we arrived at the airport to be picked up by my cousin, her future hubby n' his family members. Three cars were required to haul all our luggages and we were brought to dine at Wang's Beef Noodle House immediately. No kidding when I say that it was the best beef noodles I'd ever tasted in my life! The beef was soooo tender despite it being served in huge chunks. No pictures cause I was too tired n' hungry.  =_=''

And finally, we were chauffeured to our accommodation for the upcoming four nights to rest before a loonggggg night out.

Outside the apartment ......




The lobby of the apartment ......



The waiting area we bummed at every morning before pick up ......


And taaa-daaaaaaaaaa .... the lovely apartment ......



The kitchen ......



And the little dining area attached to the kitchen where the view overlooks the streets ... loved sitting here in the mornings sipping my cuppa coffee .......


The lil' laundry n' ironing area ......


The bedroom I shared with my cousin sister ...... n' with windows by the bed overlooking the streets, it was pure bliss bumming in bed whilst looking out the window in the mornings......



The other bedroom which was occupied by my uncle ......



And lastly, a lil' study area which obviously, was left untouched ......


Oh, I was indeed spoilt and happy to have such a nice accommodation ...... a great start it was to a long holiday ......

0 comments: