Friday, June 11, 2010

Bak Kut Teh

Yes! My first attempt at cooking bak kut teh. However, what should've been an easy peasy 1, 2, 3 task became extremely troublesome!!  >.<

In my quest to purchase the most important ingredient (duhh ... obviously the "BKT" herbs), Val and I headed off to a medicine shop near Atria over the weekend (which Val highly recommended), only to find the owner pulling down the grill of  the shop. Five minutes too late! Bahhhh ........

So I headed off to Carrefour on Monday night, instead of my usual shopping spot at Cold Storage @ Subang Parade, hoping to "giam" on the ingredients. As luck has it, the herbs were sold out !!!!! *GrrRrrR ..... * Reluctantly, I headed off to Cold Storage and eventually managed to grab everything there instead.

Wednesday came, and I woke up earlier so that I'd have enough time to dump everything into the slow cooker, hoping to come back to a hearty meal at night. Rushed I was ... and U know la what happens when people do things in a rush .... I read the instructions wrongly, and dumped in 2 freaking TABLESPOONS of dark soy sauce, instead of TEASPOONS. Wern ah Wern .. u so dum dum laaa ... *smacks head*  Instantaneously threw away half the "soup" and replaced it with plain water in hopes of diluting the "saltiness". 

I then resorted to returning home during lunch time, only to find the soup really bland. BAHHH ... threw in 2 more packets of herbs and just crossed my fingers, hoping that I'd manage to salvage the soup and make it at least edible when I returned home.

And walaaaaaaa !! Yummehhh ...!!! It actually turned out well !!!  *gives smug look*  

Want recipe? Just buy "Claypot" brand BKT herbs and read the instructions behind. LoL .... add in whatever additional ingredients you want !!  :p

Banyak isi ... like me !!

Anyone wanna be my guinea pig second time around?

0 comments: