Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Digital Mall 4th Anniversary Shop & Hunt

Date - 8th January 2011
Entry fee - FOC
Team members - Ming & Wern
CoC - Garyguna & Chong Foo Seong

The first open hunt in year 2011, with a very surprising registration of only eleven teams. And there I was a week before, convincing Ming that all regular hunters would've signed up for this hunt in view that not only was it a free hunt, it was also the first hunt after a three week break (from 2512 Christmas Charity Hunt).

So early in the morning of hunt day, Ming and I headed off to Digital Mall two hours before the hunt kick off time in order to avoid the crazy traffic around the area, and of course, to obtain a carpark nearby. No longer than five minutes after parking the car, I realised that I was in trouble, as I felt the churning in my stomach, and the need to get to the loo for a problematic "business number two". Thankfully, after resting at the restaurant for an hour feeling all weak, I managed to regain my energy n' focus on the hunt!

With the miserable 2.5 hours provided for 30 cryptic questions, 6 picture clues and 2 treasures, our preparation work performed two weeks before the hunt proved to be an advantage to us. After kick off, Ming and I sat down at Tang Chao, and managed to work out some of the answers without needing to hunt around in the mall within the mob of people. Our efforts definitely paid off, as our answering of cryptic questions were on par, if not better (wahahaha .. a rare once-off occassion at that!), than some of the teams which had beaten us in terms of positions.

However, as in all past hunts, our (or rather mine in this case, as I was tasked the job of pictorial hunting for a good *or bad in this case* one hour) failure in spotting the pictorial clues (zero points!) cost us dearly, and landed us in fifth position. I wonder if anyone has tips on how one can improve one's spotting skills! *Note: Ming changed his specs di! No diff one!!*

Overall, I personally thought that the questions were very well crafted . But I would've loved it more had the CoC allowed us to keep a set of the questions!  =(

0 comments: